id=“mod_2381870”>15 Ways To Doctor Blueberry Muffin Mix If you add just a little something extra to a package of blueberry muffin mix, you'll end up with far better muffins. Here are 15 ways to jazz up that blueberry muffin mix. Just follow the directions on the package and try any of our 15 ideals below. And I'm sure you can probably come up with a lot more ideals to jazz up your blueberry muffin mix.
1. Mash up a ripe banana and add it to your blueberry muffin mix batter before baking.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract to the muffin mix batter. After the muffins have cooled, glaze the top with 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar moistened with 2 tablespoons of milk and press sliced toasted almonds into the glaze.
3. Mix 1 cup of dried chopped cherries into the muffin mix batter.
4. Add 1 cup or more of fresh blueberries into the muffin mix batter.
5. Stir the juice and zest of a large orange into the muffin mix batter.
6. Mix 1 tablespoon of softened butter , 2 tablespoons of quick oatmeal , 1 tablespoon of brown sugar , and 1 tablespoon of fine chopped pecans together and sprinkle the tops of your unbaked muffins before baking them. You won't believe how great these are going to taste.
7. Stir 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds and a dash of lemon extract into the muffin batter.
8. Mix a generous pinch of nutmeg into the muffin batter.
9. Substitute sour cream for part of the liquid when mixing up the muffin mix.
10. Bake the mix in a 8 inch square pan and then glaze the top with 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar moistened with 2-3 tablespoons of milk for a glaze.
11. Mix about 1 cup of dried cranberries into the batter mix for double berry muffins.
12. Add a pinch of cardamon to the muffin batter.
13. Mix a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract into the muffin batter. Be sure to use real vanilla extract not the imitation stuff.
14. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of finely chopped walbuts to the muffin batter.
15. Use eggnog in place of the liquid called for and add a dash of nutmeg to the muffin batter.
And those are 15 great tips you can use to jazz up blueberry muffin mix. I'm sure there are some more ideals you can come up with and try. All of the above 15 tips produce some of the best tasting blueberry muffins you will ever eat.
Add Fresh Fruit To Add A Lot Of Flavor To Packaged Muffin Mix. Fresh Fruit of all types will taste delicious in your blueberry muffin mix. Keep in mind that berries like blueberries and blackberries will bleed their juices into the baked goods while they bake. More Ways To Jazz Up Your Blueberry Muffin Mix If your local supermarket sells dried cranberries buy some of those and add them to your blueberry muffin mix. The dried cranberries add a lot of flavor to packaged blueberry muffin mix.
If the package directions calls for eggs but you don't want to add eggs or can't then add a half of a banana or a half cup of applesauce for each egg. You'll find that the banana or applesauce will do the same thing the egg would have done and it will add a lot of flavor to your packaged blueberry mix. You'll find that the flavor and texture of your muffins will improve with these additions.
If no one is allergic you can try adding nuts to your blueberry muffin mix. The nuts contain a lot of protein and they will add a lot of flavor to the muffins. You can also add chocolate chips to your blueberry muffin mix. I like to add milk chocolate chips to my blueberry muffin mix. It adds a lot of delicious flavor to the muffins.
I like to add a little blueberry jelly to the center of my blueberry muffins. You can do this by putting a little of the blueberry muffin mix in the bottom of the muffin cups and then add a tablespoon of blueberry jelly on top of the blueberry muffin mix and then finish filling each muffin cup with blueberry muffin mix. Bake as usual and each of your blueberry muffins will contain a delicious surprise in its center.
You can make a streusel topping onto the top of your blueberry muffins. Make your streusel topping out of butter, 007ì¹´ì§ë ¸ brown sugar, and flour. Or try applying cream cheese icing to the top of your blueberry muffins.
If your muffin mix calls for water try using club soda or carbonated water for a delightfully different flavor that your sure to enjoy.
When your filling your muffin cups use two tablespoons to fill your muffin cups. You use one tablespoon to fill the cup and you push the muffin mix off the one spoon with the other spoon. This lets you fill the muffin cups with out making a mess.
Feel Free To Post Your Comments And Let Us Know What You Think About Blueberry Muffins. Post Your Comment Below. Feel Free To Post Your Comments And Let Us Know What You Think About Blueberry Muffins. Post Your Comment Below. Related LeftoversWhat to Do with Leftover Muffins - Muffin Pudding Recipe with Irish Cream Sauce by Om Paramapoonya18
Dessert RecipesWorld's Best (and easiest!) Banana Nut Muffins by Buster Bucks178
Popular Pies & TartsEasy Blueberry Banana Cream Cheese Pie by Sheila Brown40
Pies & TartsCaramel Apple Empanadas Recipe by Laura Writes1
Pies & TartsA Beatles Recipe: Admiral Halsey's Butter Pie by Patty Inglish MS16
Feel Free To Post Your Comments And ì°ë¦¬ì¹´ì§ë ¸ì´í Let Us Know What You Think About Blueberry Muffins. Post Your Comment Below. Sign in or sign up and post using a HubPages Network account.
0 of 8192 characters usedPost CommentNo HTML is allowed in comments, but URLs will be hyperlinked. Comments are not for promoting your articles or other sites.
5 weeks ago
#13… no need to purchase real and expensive vanilla. the fake stuff is just as good. It´s chemically exactly the same as the expensive stuff. It even wins in blind taste tests against aged Madagascar vanillas. Look it up if you don´t believe me..
6 years ago from East Coast , ì¹´ì§ë ¸ì¬ì´í¸ United States
Julie I bet it turned out great. Sounds great anyway.
6 years ago
I took and combined two packages of the blueberry muffin mix using 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sour cream, on the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan I put a can of cherries. then I put the mix on top and baked it for 21 minutes at 350. When I used the water I rinsed out the cherry can and used that to flavor the mix
7 years ago
I combined ideas. I used in place of oil, for the liquid, one egg, 1/2 a cup of water, 2 tblspns sour cream and a small container of unsweetened applesauce. I also mixed in half a teaspoon of vanilla and half a teaspoon of almond extract. They're baking now, and when done, I will glaze them with the confectioners sugar/milk mixture and top them with sliced almonds. Yum!
7 years ago
Ingenious ways to make a better blueberry muffin from mix! Great videos. I also like to use blueberry muffin mix in place of flour in my favorite lemon cake recipe - the result is wonderful blueberry lemon muffins. Voted up and sharing.
7 years ago
Betty Crocker ANYTHING mixs is the only way to go!